It’s October, and that means Breast Cancer Awareness Month has rolled around again, and with it IM=X Pilates Blue Bell’s participation in Pilates for Pink. By popular demand, the in-studio Breast Cancer Challenge has also returned!
- 5 minutes are given at the end of each class for those who want to take part in the challenge
- A LARGE chart on the studio wall lists exercises ranging from leg presses to pushups, and each repetition is worth small change, from $0.01 to $0.25
- Doing some extra moves earns the Breast Cancer Research Foundation donations!
- Set a personal goal for yourself- for example, how many pushups can you REALLY do??
- Get others to sponsor you- friends, family, coworker, employers can all pledge an amount towards your
- Get competitive with other clients who are racking up the highest numbers for a good cause
Also returned this month is Breast Cancer apparel. Long sleeves, short sleeves, polos, tanks, hoodies, and other options are available with either the pink ribbon logo, or for the more outgoing, “boobies” across the chest! Each shirt says “Pilates for Pink at IM=X Blue Bell” on the back, and $5 will be donated to the BCRF for each purchase.
Finally, donation-based semi-private classes are also available for you and your friends. Pick a time, schedule with IM=X Pilates Blue Bell, and donate as much as you please to the studio’s Pilates for Pink efforts. This is a great way to support a friend battling cancer, to honor the memory of those taken by cancer, and to introduce your friends to IM=X Pilates Blue Bell. No experience is required, and the classes are limited to 4 participants each.